After leaving Tejas, we drove to the Frio River, a Fisher Family Stomping Grounds for 4 days of relaxing and floating the river. All of us were roasted (especially me!) even after putting on SPF 70 (and yes you read that right- I was surprised that they made it that strong). Apparently the powerful SPF was no match for three hours on the river in July. But it's OK- I had been meaning to get a little color on the legs, even though I am an advocate of "Pale is the new tan."
We also had fun playing a board game called Balderdash, a hilarious game in which you make up stuff. For example, you have a word like "Zobo"- the reader has the actual definition of the word and everyone else makes up what they think it is. Guess what you think a 'Zobo' is from the following list. Is it:
A.) A musical instrument from Zaire in which the player bangs sticks together
B.) A cross between a zebra and a yak
C.) A rare crystal found in extinct volcanoes
D.) The Croatian word for belly button lint
You can appreciate the humor I hope (oh, and if you guessed number 2 you were correct)! We had a great time with friends and family and good dose of relaxation before we hit the ground running with preparations for our move to Central Asia.
After leaving the Frio, we headed to Robinson to spend some time with Keith's family. Our last night there, Me and Amy were inducted into our husbands childhood favorite game "Sock Ball." The object is this: Hit a rolled up sock with your hand and attempt to run the bases on your knees. Outfielders are on their knees as well. There were only two injuries, one when Joseph hit Amy in the eye with the "ball," and when I cut my hand on a piece of debris on the carpet diving for a fly ball. It was an instant favorite even though I was sore for days afterwards!
Well, that's it for the moment. Right now Keith and I are in La Grange doing laundry and packing/organizing before headed to Houston to visit friends and family as well as run a few errands. More to follow!
No comments:
Post a Comment