I have never had to look at my watch (figuratively speaking, as I don't own a watch) and decided if it is OK for me to take a drink of something in public. Or how about this one: I have never had to sneak off and hide in the bathroom to take a drink of my soda (I did that yesterday afternoon). That's right. Here in Sharjah it is against the law to eat or drink in public before sundown as it is the holy month of Ramadan. At a mall we were in the first day of Ramadan a man was arrested for smoking a cigarette. You can buy food at grocery stores and the like, though all restaurants and food courts, etc. are all closed until right before sundown.
Now, being pregnant I am exempt from fasting, but I really don't want to be "that lady" out in public. So, until mid-September, I will eat and drink out of the public eye. Please continue to lift up those celebrating Ramadan, that during this time their hearts would be turned towards Chr!st. That they would have dreams and visions that would lead them to truth. That Keith and I would be open to all opportunities to share the hope we have in Je$u$.
Thank you for your prayers!