3.20.2009

My Bread Story

For awhile here in our city we had been able to find some western style loaf bread at our friendly neighborhood "dokan." However, for the past few months we have been unable to find it. While this was quite sad, as the local bread doesn't make very good sandwiches, I decided that I would just have to learn to make my own bread. How hard could it be?

I am now on my second loaf and have run into a few problems. What started out looking like this in the pan, a beautiful loaf of golden goodness:

Unfortunately turned into this as I got it out of the pan:


From this I have learned that oil is not the best way to grease the pan. Next time I will use butter and see what happens. We learn really well when we make mistakes! Regardless of how it looks, it still tastes yummy...

No comments:

Post a Comment